Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hola Amigos!

After 22 hours of flight time, 2 transits, here I am finally settled down in Lawrence, a tornado prone town in the state of Kansas! I've just seen thick clouds all over and one of them with spiralling tip approaching the ground but luckily it didn't make it otherwise I'd need to run for life which I don't know where to because the apartment I'm staying doesn't even have some sort of basement shelter against tornadoes!

Tokyo trip was quite well but hell rushing! The immigration cleareance was so efficient that I managed to exit the gate in less than 1 hour. I was so excited so I went to the airport lower ground to take train to city only to realise the metro network is harder than what it seems on internet! So I asked around the helpers but they got confused as well like hello! HELLO! Well and so without much help from them I moved on and went to the wrong train in opposite direction going to Chiba instead of Tokyo! Waited for about 30 minutes before the next train going to the opposite direction came. It's really hard not being able to speak decent Japanese in Japan as most of them don't speak English and even if they did, it wouldn't sound like English that they were saying. I got so lost as I wasted 1 hour doing nothing productive around Narita. My ultimate destination was Asakusa and the Sensouji Temple which is 1.5 hours away from Narita. Anyways, I braved 4 transit stations before I found myself at Asakusa. On the way back I boarded the wrong train, the longer train and the local train which will make loop around some strange town before they went back to the main track again on 3 separate events that rendered me panicky in fear of missing my onward flight to Houston and new life. But kudos to JR, trains arrived and departed ON TIME. I managed to get back to terminal 2 of Narita Airport with only less than 1 hour time before the onward flight take off haha. What a trip and I'll be back, Japan!

Right now, my bed and mattress still pending because the store ran out of stock and they won't deliver until Monday T.T No bed to sleep at the moment. And then, I just remembered I have a box of study desk that yet to be assembled. Roar!

That's all I have to report. Till I write again!