Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jualan Megasale Yg Melampaukan

As per the title saying,

I "tried" to relive my passion for retail therapy after for about 7 months and it failed miserably. Why ah? I don't seem to get turned on by any of the fashionable garments in sight. Or is it mainly because I'm targeting the sales items only? As you all know la, no free lunch in the world, cheap is not always on par with best. Thus, explained why all the garments I eyed are trashy. You know they gave me the feeling that they are being mass produced by factories in Guangzhou (yes China!) and look mega thrifty. Can someone tell me why do people still selling cargoes, jeans with patches here-and-there, stripe tees with glistening rubber stamps, checker shirts that resemble napery, leggings wtf and assorted street wears ala lala style which in trend all day all night long ever since the invention of time wtf.

I personally like to patronize pasar malam, flee market and bazaar simply because I'm a giga broke cheapskate who can't afford/bear to buy overpriced designer labels who's also by any chance, like to BARGAIN (= si lai). Seriously lor, there will be thrill of excitement whenever I know that I'm paying only 10% of what people paying in FULL retail price. Correct wad, they are all came out from the same factory with different labels only. Why pay more and get all gaga over that piece of approx. 3cm x 3cm label tag stitched to some hidden corner of your garments? I sound very sour grape right? Cos "Tristan" and "fashion" although somewhat rhymed remotely but they sound more like oxymorons that's it don't ask further.

I'm sure that one day if I'm financially entitled to couture, it will definitely open up a whole new chapter of choices in wardrobe but today, it is NOT. So I'm basically financially dependent in the lowest rank of purchasing power group that ethically/economically shouldn't possess any form of disposable incomes. So I must squeeze that 1 cent and break it down to smallest atoms out of different use. Yea, it's THAT stingy ok?

Anyways, I was with CJ the whole day doing retail-therapy-turned-window-shopping later on joined by Bagus. We browsed around and shook our heads for gazillion times at those disastrous fabrics on sale. Come on la, if wanna give sales please include your utmost sincerity, don't give me bull crap tip of iceberg's 10%, 20% and 30%. Why not 90% I dare you?! Secondly, don't display things that look as if they are heading to recycling factory or waste yard next, no one's gonna buy that even if you hang them on until it decomposed. Thirdly, don't bring pasar malam quality goods and sell it in some upmarket shopping malls then charge a fortune for them, Malaysians are generally if not all, have the slightest common sense at least.

After about 6 hours of aimless browsing, eyes rolling, blood spilling, price comparing and profanities exchanging. We came out with NOTHING at all except for stiffer calves. There goes the 6 hours of my life being wasted. I have all the more reasons not to exercise any retail therapy in the mean time. Pretty traumatized, dumbfucked and rather a waste of time.

Well, it could be a completely different story if someone was to buy me out for an ultimate splurge in Champs Elysées. What more to complain there?