Saturday, November 01, 2008

Hi life, bye life

As you can see time REALLY flies. I think someday when those scientists finally get those dirts outta their heads, they'll realise how the usage of "year" had been superannuated. And so the introduction of "light year" as standard unit to measure 12 months in a set. Told you, I foresee things that you can't see. Let's cross our fingers for light year era in time to come!

Basically within this 2 weeks I'll be exam-bound. 1st will be my final which is by far the most relaxed one can you believe? Tips are all given even there are only 4 chapters to crack that little brain overall. Still...duh we're humans and bound to be lazy. As a matter of fact, when more tips are given indicates the more time for me to procrastinate. Duh...again we're talking about humans here. So yea, instead of mugging like other kiasu counterparts, here I am purging what's inside into cyberspace like hell there are tonnes of eyeballs poring on this tiny little unknown whiny journal of an academic incompetent. That subject is owned at any rate, it's just a matter of acing or not, and not that it really matters now. I might need to tell myself to get over and move on eventhough how much I'd struggled before. You know, just cross the bridge when you come to it.

So I'm pretty good with first thing that will get me liberated. Now there's the second one which I completely oblivious about its importance or maybe existence altogether haha. Si! My examen de la lengua Español which will take place 2 weeks later. People have been telling me how easy it is but as much as I'm learning, it's no where near easy compared to the already mastered languages. There's no such thing as easy in learning process according to our ancestors (pls don't roll your eyes can?). Well, unless I learn it from scratch in tabula rasa WHICH lovingly brings out the practicality of the word, impossible.

And then, will be sitting for TOEFL 2 days after examen de la lengua Español in Singapore that came a little too late but it's fine. Can somebody tell me why is it only so little time slot allocated for our Tanah Air? Or is the trend taking sides on TOEFL instead of IELTS currently after the so called economy slowdown? (i dunno but just wanna find some excuses to prove my statement is totally valid) Just go for MUET already, cheap (RM 50 or so I've been told) and universally recognised also! Why ah? I seriously have a thing on taking any form of examination in Singapore after all the annoyances caused by SAT eons ago. Do you know how fucking early I need to report in for TOEFL? 8 fucking 30 am! Like whoa, I need to get up at 5am, reach custom at 6.45 am, take bus (if nobody willing to give tumpang), put up with traffic jam and the long queue at immigration clearance, locate the place (yes I don't fucking know where the hell is King's arcade, what's best, it's around Bukit Timah, a MRT-barren land just because that place is upmarket and people dwelling there DON'T take public transport). As a foreseeable consequence, I will reach there with 1/2 of breath left whilst leaving sweat dripping all over and the next thing I know will be facing an idiot box with headphone attached to me doing the test and probably in the end, I'll turn that idiot box into debris. End of story.......yea right. I am not gonna go for a second round for that damn test. It's not cheap. Then again, can somebody tell me how's the test like? As in the format and whatever that will be coming out cos I'm totally clueless.

So right after gotten the TOEFL result, it'll be the beginning of another chaos. University application. Believe me, I've seen friends emo-ed, wept, pulled the advisor's hair and all sorts of breakdown hoohahs over those application issues now and then. In order to avoid such catch 22 situation, I will try to expand my hopes by applying to 4 universities in 1:2:1 ratio. 1:2:1 meaning, 1 university with low acceptance rate, 2 with moderate acceptance rate and 1 with high acceptance rate. The personal favourite ranking will also go according to the same sequence. Not like it's totally cost free when it comes to those applications, they are charging at a minimal of 30 USD, some high ranked/peacocked universities will burn you up to 60 of those dollars. Worse still, ringgit to dollar is very much on depreciation currently where the reason still remain a mystery. Almost forgot, I need to attach a copy of why-I-choose-your-divine-university essay together with my application form for few of those universities. Why so damn bloody mafan one? Not like I'm applying for Ivy League also. Sibeh mafan.

After the completion of all academic assessments. I'll be heading for a 1 month stint in some very nice place around the planet. Obviously, a break. All I can say is, that place will seriously take my breath away, literally and figuratively. By imagining a good 3 days overland needed into that place is enough to kill some of the kicks but I hope the outcome is satiable and as wonderful as the decriptions of that place suggest. I'm going to altitude with harsh temperature that can go as low as negative 25 centigrade! Anyways, that said place is not my sole destination out of the entire trip yet it costs the MOST. By MOST I mean very much, in monetary sense, for some obscure reasons. The very bad thing is, the entire getaway is self-financed *beams in pride*, well maybe that's an overstatement already but at least 3 quarters of it I reckon. Thus, by the beginning of 2009 I will more or less live in extreme poverty and total liquid drained out state. Le sigh. But what I'll be getting in return is value added I assume since I'm always a skeptic about spending money on material possessions. Never mind la, tomorrow will take care of itself afterall. *sobbing behind curtain*

Really can't wait for all those academical liberations to launch. I'm so done with 2008! I know for Jan 2009 there will be bigger challenges ahead such as *coughs*organic chemistry*coughs*Bio II*coughs* but to hell screw it and give me a goddamn break you slimey spoilsports! For 2008 at least. We're good? Ok.

Bien bien, I've mouthed what I wanted to mouth for the day. Gonna turn in now. Buenas noches, amigos!