Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How MYOB people communicate these days

Yellow circle = Landlord's
Green circle = housemate's
Red circle = moi

This is how busy people communicate nowadays. Skipping the need of chancing into each other'spoker faces. The whiteboard has legitimately became a medium of forum. Anyways, what happened is, I have this couple housemates who apparently think that me and another male housemate violated the proper toilet manners in the sense that we did not take good care of the common toilet hygiene which eventually emitted displeasing smell. So she (her partner is English illiterate) decided to put down some remarks on the notice board. Well, normally I would just ignore because ignorance is bliss afterall and I'm pretty confident that I've always come in clean hands. But this time around, I felt that I should rebuke to obtain greater self-preservation.

She complains that we treated them like maids as if we do not even bother to take care of the cleanliness of the place like they do, AT ALL. Sainted cow, like they are the God of Cleanliness who don't use the toilet at all. Blame us for the smell? What? To think that their shits smell like strawberries is it? And ours smell like.....yea shit. Ma De. You just read through those words in green circle and you'll get what I mean. Then, I reverted in that stick-on note in 3 topic sentences (duh!) for there are no more spaces to write on that board, in a rather diplomatic and polite way like how I usually do (yea right).

Point no. 1 - "By doing some simple house chores don't make you sound like maid."
Point no. 2 - "Each of us do our parts to uphold cleanliness in our house. We need to put up with unpleasant things as well but more often than not, we try to close-one-eye for we are peace loving people."
Point no. 3 - "What makes you think that we've been treated you as maid since we don't pay you for that? As a matter of fact, we are merely carrying out our responsibilities as a responsible and sensitive tenants by keeping the place clean."

I posted the note quite late so I bet those persons in matter had already long gone in slumber but my landlord actually saw them. So he replied (in yellow circle) with some witty solutions,

1. We can pay other housemates to clean the toilet at discretion if we agree upon that.
2. Those who can't tolerate can rent his master bedroom that came attached with a bathroom itself.
3. Accept that renting with sharing bathroom is not bad actually as bathrooms don't smell like flowers because shit goes there but it shouldn't smell like shits. (Haha)

And he is ready to call for a tenants-landlord meeting soon to further discuss the matter. In fact, I'm crossing my fingers anticipating it. Can't wait to see how will this conference turn out to be like. Prolly an ultimate showdown for all of us? Who cares. I still love where I'm staying now. They can jolly well move their arses out for all I care if they felt vexed. Seriously, what makes them think I should be friendly?

So many cb people recently.

*****

*Update*

"boys must point their genitals at the bowl accurately whenever they intend to relieve themselves but girls can spill their pee everywhere because girl pee smell like lavender..." (Ely, 2008)

(This quote can only be understood after my clever embellishment cos her Engrand is too powderful.)

My solution for this whole toilet brouhaha is shown on the below photo.

Lo and behold...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Now the toilet will smell like flowers as their wish. Everyone will be happy like bubbles. And no need to remind me of how awesome I am (cos I know I am) to sacrifice personal belonging(s) for common use not like those cb selfish species. See, I'm not even close to hostile yet, I can still be friendly.

So please STFU kthxbai.