Saturday, June 21, 2008

Orientation Nite pre-post

I'm so smelly now, so I decided to blog.

It's been so long since the last I had the whole Saturday entirely to myself without thinking what to do in advance. Could be post-ON syndrome but I was supposed to sleep at least 8 hours since yesterday night I came back all thanks to my fucking landlord who did some house maintainence job of all day but this Saturday on 10 a.m. to interrupt my eonian sleep 'till I feel like I wanna wake up! I was already like ants on boiling pot when I came back due to the stupid water rationing which will never happens in my lovely hometown EVER in my past 20 years of life. Syabas or PUAS or whatever it is sure got a long way for improvement. Subang itself was worse enough, ample times in a month. Good to know that Kelana is nothing better in that sense now.

Alritey, where was I? Yea, I haven't bathed for 2 days, as yet! Niamah. I came home around 5 freaking a.m. last night and thought of having an imaginary hot bath (bah...my rented place doesn't equip with water heater) then dissolve all the weariness and frustrations into a good slumber party but NO, the fucking nozzle dispersed droplets only instead of a strong downpour! Wah piang jialat. Now I have to tell you why is it THAT jialat instead of "alritey, can't be bothered, just sleep the night over".

And so the story goes...happily (not) done with my STA 219 test although (what's done is done la, the paper fucking screwed me right up) I didn't bother to study the night before as I came home from ON's preparation quite late, decided to wake up to burn midnight oil but dengan izin tuhan I managed to wake up 2 hours after the alarm rang, 2 more hours of god gave sleeping hours, how nice! Went straight to college after that, plowed through the notes 1 hour before the test cos I spent another 1 more hour kapsiao with members at booth. So yea, I'M SO DONE WITH IT and I HATE probability, permutation and combination, you know I tend to have tendency of not getting the right answer upon first solving and I need to refer to an actual answer else I will totally burnt the whole paper, and so it was a test, so no answers provided, thus BURN 'em all!!! T.T

I need to sign in for duty immediately after done with test. Running up and down for the stage set up, equipment settings, PA, brief my helpers and so forth are some of my duty scopes. It was all sunshiny and glaring like never before 'till a sudden storm came washing away all loosely rooted things in sight including our PA + lighting control canopy (finally I know what does lull before the storm implies!) Sainted mother, below the canopy was sets of equipment worth all your mothers' lives! Heck, we risked all our mothers' lives to protect those equipments from thunder/lightning and rain water. The whole canopy practically parachuted from crosswind and we had already tried all our best to keep them under shelter, beefed up the roller (yes, that freaking canopy is portable with 4 rollers that functioned at wrong time). Le Sigh. We then requested to dry up at hostel but I didn't tag along for I still have stuffs to do like execute the back up plan immediately. It was crazy. That was like the 2nd time I encountered such massive storm in Subang, the first was even worse which happened 2 years back when I was in Sunway, I could see rain water splattered on the classroom door with the fact that SyUC has few feet elongated corridor that elevating floors up plus a further extented roof-over-head which able to isolate us afar from rain or tornadoes. Then when the class ended, all I saw was debris.

Anyways, it's kinda pointless to mention all the bitterness now since it's already a yesterday's event. But I can't be happier lor, at least I didn't mess up the whole event despite I didn't get the N77, JW Marriott dining voucher and Air Ticket to KK, yes we had lucky draw as well. I don't think there will be any audience per se given that no attractive lucky draw prizes promised beforehand. People bought tickets for charity? My ass la. All mankinds are greedy. Me = no exception.

Back to the point of the story, I couldn't care less to get changed after being drenched cats and dogs witnessing how by-stander effect was put into effect. Bravo us who braved the storm! Give us a standing ovation please. The I changed into a new club tee eventually but my bottom over garment and under garment proceeded to dry on their own 'till I got home at 5 a.m. I'm sorry if it disgusts you but I swear I was on the verge of killing myself either. A whole day of torturous endurance seriously did no good to me. Again, wouldn't you feel like skipping the need of elevator and dash out of the window (if you're staying in high rise condo like me) right away at the moment when you get only 2 miserable droplets out of the tap knowing that it's already on full blast? Roll yourself into my smelly shoes and think.

Gosh, now that the air in my room keeps permeating some unidentified smell...which I think the source is none other than *points to myself*...vroommmmmm, time to wash out and dwell the toilet for hours.

Adios.

p/s : Billion thanks to all ON commitees! You know who you are. Hope we'll retrieve our 2 MIA walkie talkies by next week or else I'll be nailed nicely. T.T