Wednesday, February 04, 2009

3 and 103

Today. Wednesday. An uneventful day spent in my little cage doing nothing productive but stoning in different corner of the enclosed area either reading non-academic stuffs or fiddling around with my frosty palm sized gaming console for obsolete games from yesterday. Have not been sleeping really well after CNY mainly due to the withdrawal effects and endless earth shattering renovation banging on right above the ceiling at the soonest hour where they are allowed to loose their tools. 9 am. Bitch. I think I shall measure their working rate on the Richter Magnitude Scale. Nice tries (note the plural). What about a 6.5 for all of you boss-hating workers. I understand by hitting/drilling those concrete walls harder is your only emotional outlet but then you know cause I am more or less leading the nocturnal way these days therefore, 9 am, read that NINE aaay-aemm is barely 3 hours after the first stage of REM aka dream, you could have started later but you did not. That I am sorry cause you need to swallow my first middle finger. You cannot possibly assume that everyone wakes up at such ungodly hour to kick start their yet another rat-race routine so the entire building is in theory emptied out as a result. This ain't Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, New York or the like you seem to have confused. Because, face it, we are no where near that level yet, so we have all the more reasons to be lackadaisical. Now eat my second middle finger. What? Do you think I like having 2 hours day, 3 days week late afternoon classes whilst spending the rest of the time in my life staring into nothingness is it? I am picking up again cause I am again, officially HIRED. The national economy and labour force need me afterall. Muahaha. Fine, go, laugh like I care. I am *takes deep breath* getting a life finally!

Whatever it is, I just printed out my Orgo handouts off the online college blackboard system in light of boosting some mood to actually read them for Test 1, not even hoping to call for a deeper level revision also, but you know procrastination and short term memory have always got the better of me, I just realized that I completely forgotten about their innocent existence instantly as usual. Bah!

The thing I have been doing for the whole day is Wiki-hopping. It is like snow ball effect where my curiosity is being triggered from 1 pixel to 20 mega pixels as I read on some facts about my options of university, I eventually evolved into the reading of Chinese history mainly orbiting around issues between PRC and ROC...and then finally my ancestry. It makes me feel so thankful for what my grandparents brought to us. They had to leave behind their home in pain and fled to a foreign land that hardly acknowledge their contributions. I can almost feel their dilemma already because between nationalism and bread, which one would you choose then?

My grandfather pondering on his next move against my younger cousin during the second day of CNY and that is my mum with a comical neckguard on far left. He was once a regional grandmaster of Chinese chess judging from all the old and dusty trophies that has been lying around his house for ages. In the end, all 3 of my older and younger cousins bit the dust, to a person who almost live across 3 centuries. Do not even mention about me because the only chess I know is snake and ladder or is "dam" considered as chess too? In fact, most of the time my parents are shamefully more dementia-tic than him. If you have not noticed yet, his stripey pajamas pants are very classic and old school. He tailored made them by himself anyways, so as many of our pajamas, curtains, blankets, quilts, pillow/bolster covers...you name it in his heyday. Up to now, he is still not sickness bound except for some inevitable physical weakness that all other people will suffer at this age. We do not expect a man in 3 pass hundred to jump around like your immature terrier at home.

One a lighter note, meet my nephew, the one that prone to a lot of childhood violence characteristics just like many other toddlers today. Prolly my cousin and cousin-in-law spoiled him but nonetheless he is still very adorable as I always pinch his cheeks when he is acting all sulky. The bowl-shaped bob is also very classic of him courtesy of his mother. Ain't it cute? Oh and my mum is camhogging behind him with her ever famous significance of 2009 neckguard again. Let's say hi to her neckguard and pray that she will not ever stumble across my blog.