Saturday, February 07, 2009

Expreso Oriental ~la versión de la gente~

I think some people may have already forgotten how I look like so I felt compelled to post up some photos of me in order to be remembered. Haiz...one word, pathetic!

When I traveled, I hardly asked people to take photos of me because I'm not gau bin puay that sort, you know thick-faced. Furthermore, most of the random people I requested to have my photo taken got freaked out by my camera because it's a twice-of-grenade sized physical matter that doesn't look friendly to them. So they either hit the wrong shutter, messed up my settings or typically gave me accidental soft focus/out-of-focus focus/shaky effects that I didn't want at all. To lug around a monstrous legging tripod is also inappropriate since I already needed to take care of my so many luggages, hello, shopping season + winter ok! Also, my sole principle is to experience by heart and eyes rather than excessive post trip photographic appreciation. Therefore, taking redundant photos is inefficient and merely a waste of time during vacation, not that I have anything to prove also.

Digressed.

So yea, the following are the continuation of my first post about my trip except for few more people involved.

First of all, tapas para todos mis amigos! Let's start with some appetizers.

Yummeh, deep fried cocoons and a listless me. I call them protein balls because nutritionally speaking they are sumber protein. Sadly, their dermatologic effect is not apparent at all since my face is still busied with zits, zit scars and few more unidentified elevations from skin surface.

Deep fried black scorpions and baby scorpions, mi favorito! They are just like normal crisps when eaten, something like keropok. I had them few sticks because according to some people, they can actually trigger a higher metabolism rate so probably can help in renewing skins by consuming more kut. Twisties and Chipster should totally consider for a scorpion flavour in their next release, don't see a reason why not.

This photo was taken unprepared. So Mr. Li and his staffs from Happy Dragon were pretty candid especially Mr. Li himself with that effeminated finger gesture. Oh say hi to my double chins again, I have put on weight I know so why don't you just shut up and let me go, HEY! * cues The Ting Tings' song* I look crappier in this pic because I had a super long day thanks to the torturous Great Wall trip so I should eat more scorpions.

Me and Gan in New Summer Palace. I met him in Happy Dragon. He took 7 weeks unpaid leave annually for backpacking. Was under an around the East Asia stint then. He's also the holder of the round-the-world plane boarding pass I damn jealous ok! We buy our tickets during mega promotional price slashing period with a dictionary of limitations hoping for a hard seat only but people buy mileage can go as free as bird to anywhere in the world, of course need to pay more la! I also want to work as an aeronautical engineer when I grow up, in my next life.

2nd tallest building in PRC that resembles a lotus throne or maybe our truly Asia's Twin Towers? It's the Shanghai Jinmao Tower (something like world trade centre) and next to it is the tallest building "can opener" Shanghai World Financial Tower in PRC. They are currently building another building that is going to surpass Taipei 101 in terms of height. It's like a trend everywhere must build tallest building only can jadi famous, like Dubai. 1 km is seriously...you would probably ask yourselves "were they on dope when first proposed the blue print?" These Arabs just have to prove that they are the richest what else. I mean come on, won't it be a bit off to erect so many buildings in desert land? Even a man made skiing centre! Trying so hard to become another place but nice try. Yet another city without identity just like KL and Sg.

Posing because I was forcedasked to do so under effing low temperature weather + wind chill factor. This photo doesn't really depict the coldness I suffered. Single-digit Centigrade it was around Huangpu River that day. I have no idea why cold wave only attacked on weekends maybe to urge people not to infest the streets and malls, go hide in little nest instead so that I can alone conquer the city without the usual atrocious crowd hehe. I was holding Lee Hom's original album die die also didn't want to let go. CDs are ridiculously cheap in PRC, like 2 times cheaper for pre-order!!!

Wai Ling and me at the Bund. Wind was crazily strong.

Lian Wai and me at Xin Tian Di before heading to Shanghai Times Square. There are so many Times Squares in the world from New York to Jalan Imbi. Not sien meh you see.

Lastly, all black us ( 2 x Wai Ling's and me, yea Wai Ling on the right shares the same surname as us and given name as my sister in the middle and she's our highschool mate) in the fanfuckingtastic Teppanyaki place. Buffet style eat until die but still cheaper than Tenji and Jogoya. They serve Foie Gras and Kobe Beef in free flow order manner. Crazy or not?! But then in very small portion each la, I also paiseh to order so many times. But I ordered so many glasses of umeshu, assorted sake and kirin beer because they are all free flow as well siao or not now who'd bother about free flow of Häagen-Dazs anymore? I think many celebrities and politicians used to dine in this place judging from all the "honourable" proof of photos hanging around all over the place. Still, the price is so so so so so much friendlier than what we have here.

p/s : I just realize that my eyes are getting smaller nowadays don't know why. Perhaps my face is expanding and pushing my eyes into linear extreme from all the weight gained. Ufffffffff, qué rollo! Qué te pasa conmingo! Qué triste estás, Tristán! Cogida! Ayudarme...

pp/s : Pardon the overuse of Spanish words because I find no other ground to practice my writing other than here. Although, they are still very broken and ungrammatical haha...bueno, hasta luego amigos! Oops.