Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Back For Good But Still Hibernating

HELP NIAN NING'S FAMILY, FIGHT WITH THEM :

Pls go to the following address and sign a petition against reckless bus drivers and companies.

BUSCRASHNOMORE.BLOGSPOT.COM

**********
Although my reaction is tad too slow on this but when I saw this news on newspaper lately it kinda hit me hard that one of the victim, Lee Nian Ning seems familiar but I doubted my perception until I saw one of my friends' blog yesterday about the departure of a bright young medical student in a recent bus crash in Penang.

Apparently, Lee Nian Ning was one of the JPA scholar holders which was doing her AUSMAT (Australian Matriculation) in Sunway University College back then during 2005-2006 when I was doing my A-levels there as well. She was my roommate Victor's friend and all of us were staying in Monash Condo Hostel. I used to see her around the lobby and college very often but I didn't know her though. Anyways, that's not the main point about. The thing is all we want is just a safe ride back home that's it, is it that hard to achieve? I think the government is blind (you may repeat this sentence for infinity times cos you know you are always right on this), so blind to have "overlooked" a serious matter on hands. Instead of spending time cracking brain on neverending racial issues, why not work on things that benefit people at large? There they go, another prospectful life perished in their hands. Happy? She could've been an outstanding doctor and osteologist in a few years time preparing to serve the relevant field in native country but...her life is just too vulnerable for ignorances and blindnesses. Just that it's not fair for her to die at this age in a course that could be avoided easily. Hope she will rest in peace regardless what...

I bet the government is still stoic right now, their previous effort was one-off. When the brouhaha rested, they would back to the same old piece again waiting for the next stimulus. Likewise, the snatch theft's brouhaha, Sharlinie's brouhaha...soon they will fade away and store in an obsolete folder at a negligible corner of a rack in a secluded data storage room, must I spell out the word "limbo" explicitly? Perhaps that's what they've been doing all these years. How "efficient" for them and "lucky" for us to have lived under their "laissez faire" governance. In Malaysia, we just have to pray to live longer without any dependency. Save $ to secure and finance your own life, social security scheme is not to their fundamental goal anymore nowadays.

RIP : IN LOVING MEMORY OF LEE NIAN NING (1987 - 2008)