Sunday, March 15, 2009

Parting Shot

Disclaimer : This entry is solely based on personal reflection against the situation of the matter concerned. The writer does not condone any form of malicious slander, insinuation, libel, personal attack and/or verbal provocation. Exceptions will be given on "opinionated" basis whereupon readers are fully aware of the writer's MO and will truly respect the sanctity of the freedom of expression.


Seriously, in your utmost honesty, tell me how do you find the photo above? It's sort of a gig or "beauty pageant" dedicated to our college so called English day. I personally find it a bit vulgar and inappropriate for there should be a better content to it. You may go on and comment about me being uptight for all I care but I just wonder were they that desperate and thirst for public attention? For whatever effects that they are seeking, they have brought home the bacons indeed. Surely it was an attention getter by shoving 4 beefy chaps up the stage to drag for few rounds of applause. Let's for once not mention about who's the mastermind behind and what stimulant did he/she give them to lose pride in their gender worth but tell me, can you see what I see? There's a subtle implication behind this little frame of 4 drag queens. Sexism? Identity crisis? Humanity? Gender discrimination? Should I assume it to be of educational approach, nothing further or otherwise?

In my worthless 2 cents, it won't cost them an arm to think of a better play to achieve their main purpose. Imagine this...

English day was fun, I learned how to drag and laughed my kidney off on a few performances. They sure knew the way to amuse people did they not? Hey, why was I there in the first place?!
Food for thought.

On an irrelevant note, last few days was the 50th anniversary of Tibetan government in exile. My stand is, I hope they remain in exile forever and give up whatever attempt they are trying. To those who protest, I promise it won't hurt to think how you should make our earth a better place to live rather than doing pointless public demonstration of disapproval.

Back to Orgo.