Friday, April 06, 2007

Report's out!

Dad has just gotten my latest health screening report.

This time quite a number of problems :(

1. LDL too high...resulted from my fav. cheese,choc,fried stuffs and so on.
2. Trace of protein in my urine(proteinuria?)!Die this time seriously,it could be a sign of kidney failure but the pathologist told that it can be traced in urine after excessive consumption of energy.It can be good or bad either.But I think most probably is lack of water,as I hardly consume much water at home due to little perspiration(since my house ain't a sauna).


Although diabetes and high blood pressure (hypertension) are most commonly
associated with proteinuria, other factors can result in temporary proteinuria.
These include:

Dehydration or
heat-related injury
Fever, infection or
acute
illness
Emotional
stress
Intense
physical activity
Seizures
Extreme cold
Abdominal
surgery
Administration of epinephrine


Since my blood sugar level and blood pressure is nothing but very normal,so I assume the causes can be one of those listed above.Phew...as what the patho. told my dad so.

Another form of this condition, which is considered fairly common in
adolescents, is postural or orthostatic proteinuria. In most cases, protein in
the urine is detected in a routine screening of the child and normally appears
without the presence of other symptoms. In these patients, a significant amount
of protein leaks into the urine when they are upright (orthostatic). The level
of protein in the morning may be normal.
It is believed that standing adds to
the pressure on the kidneys’ filtering agents, which in turn causes more protein
to leak into the urine. Conversely, when lying down, the pressure is relieved
and little or no protein gets through. The concentration of protein in
orthostatic proteinuria is often greater in the afternoon than in the morning.
Most adolescents who have this condition outgrow it.

I wonder am I still come under the adolescent stage?I'm 20...


Anyhow,I'm dying I know...bye all.


Reason of death : Kidney failure

Choi touch wood...from now on yat yat bat pui sui(8 glasses of water per day)!

No eggs,no chocs,no ice cream,no cheese,no butter,no fried,no potatoes,no oyster and oily stuffs!

More cereals,more veges,more whole wheat meals,more work ups!

Less sugar,less salt,less oil!

Last but not least,less "da bao" food!Those foods outside are really evil...aji aji aji!

Blesses~