Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Go ahead and ask me what I've gained so far in my hiatus period between my next study pursue and the previous A-levels, go on ask me la!I can tell you besides unwanted weight that came meddle with the scale and some other side effects developed from those lazy bones of mine.The most apparent one is I've been transformed into a nocturnal animal T^T.Not like I don't feel sleepy at all you see somehow I just don't know where the problem lies.My accomplice,the best companion all time all day no matter you eat shit sleep,it won't ever absent in life,let me introduce you...Mr. Lappy The Laptop!*applaud*

No doubt you are small and puny but I can see a whole new big world inside of you.The monitor of you just like the best window that leads to anywhere in the world conveniently at one click away.

Right,enough said.Because of you I sunk deeper.Because of you my vision deteriorated.Because of you I am fatally stressed out.Because of you I had inharmonious disputes with my family.Because of you my shoulders slouched even more.Because of you I'm constantly walking into sleeping disorder.The 2nd idiot box you are.I'm the idiotic owner who owned this idiotic box.Sounds reasonable right?

Anyhow,procrastinating for so long.Here I am,staring at my OFFICIAL SAT BOOK aimlessly.Flipped through those pages,wow,again,a brand new world that somewhat seems strange to me!How deadly it can be I tell you.First thing,the Critical reading part,if you're lucky enough you get easy vocabs but if you're not,find a nearest wall and bang your head against it to end the misery.That should simply implies,you can't escape from reading a brick/grenade dictionary!Especially when you're someone like me who hardly read,it can be real pain in ass!For once,I thought I'm reading a Yellowpages Directory -_-.Perhaps the latter can be a bit lighter in reading.

And then the writing part,yea,how lucky I am,I'm sitting for the new format of SAT where WRITING is a new addition to the old format.Although it's only 300 words of weightage but the essay title can really push me ahead for a nice mental/nervous breakdown.I'm so happy that I'm gonna write Manglish for my writing part...who cares *roll eyes*.I'm MALAYSIA truly Asian!Asian pride yee-haw~

Ok now you tell me the Mathematics section is damn kacang.Yea,you will be entitled to that ONLY IF you do revision everyday like your good old college days.In my case,I'm pretty much a goner,my hiatus period is blank and debauched(not what you think ok?).Mana ada masa dan tenaga nak menceburi ilmu baru mahupun ada ilmu yang telah dihayati tapi dah lah lama tinggal kaput!Of course after 1 and a half years of torments from Cambridge A-levels (yea it was Cambridge board mind you!),I can't be possible to forgo that mere few months of break...of course gotta let loose and indulge myself la...what else can I do then,study meh?I've had enough and it's coming back again in no time :s

But contrary to that,after a long lost from going for classes and rushing to meet due date for tutorials and so...I'm getting much more eager to venture back into that field again.Haha,at least I can get busy and come to know that I'm not a scum who sit at home doing nothing but idling in front of the laptop doing the same motion for few months...having to think of that it's better to get out from exiling and bury into books.Nostalgia I think haha...but somehow same thing will still happens once get sicked from studying :( .Life is full of paradox!

Oops,drifted away from the Maths debacle already.Yea.So after a good long parting from Vectors in 3 ways,Complex number,Prime number,Polygons,Trigonometry(most evil ones)...now this test can provides me a soft review+revision on the past syllabus I've learnt(ahem,excuse meh but have I ever learnt?).In any case,I just wanna tell you my imaginary peeps that you have to constantly do revision in order to keep your grey matter functioning well when in need.And the deadliest thing is all my A-levels book are stranded in my godpa's house because afterall I thought I won't be using them somehow and to hell I even threw some away or sold to old newspaper collector T^T...as a Chinese proverb saying "书到用时方恨少"(loosely translated : that you come into a crucial situation where the knowledge derived from books is insufficient to help you.)Something like that,correct me if I'm wrong,proverbs are not my forte.

Fortunately,there aren't any Calculus questions.I do like Calculus but time is the factor haha...I need more times to revise if it's ever been asked.Not easy wei.....

Now all I can do is pray hard that they'll ask more questions that involve simple arithmetic calculations hehe...so my score won't be that miserable since I'm most probably will flop the reading part :( Will God bless me?Hm...I think God will given I'm a pious follower of God.

Hope I can get at least 1350 out of 2400 scores in order to ensure serenity over my ears from parents although I'm too early to sit for SAT but just get used to it first...if backfired still can resit haha and the price is only less than half of the IELTS that I used to take.To my glee,it's charging in USD so it all depends on the forex rates.Speculators have already foreseen the high possible of depreciation in USD(towards the Ringgit)sometimes end of this year la...so time to reap a veritable boon!Moreover,I'm gonna give up my IELTS's validity date since I'm not going overseas in any time soon in 1+ years ahead.Even if I do,IELTS will be irrelevant because I'm aiming for ADP instead so TOEFL is more appropriate in that sense.Holyshit,have to sit for a English standard assessment test again T^T...luckily TOEFL is not that costly I heard and most importantly,EASIER...I hope.What else can be harder than Queen's English?

I shall cease myself from writing unwanted journal from now on 'till the very end of my SAT test or perhaps longer 'till everything is settled for my coming intake.

Wish me luck and till then...adios for time being.

PS:Finally got my first reject letter from NTU...30 SGD down the drain.Expected.SMU is another gone case...I'm not keen in any place to get an offer from SMU also.NTU is a bit pity though :/