Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Mamula moon

Public Speaking class was sooo fun! I must say I love Ms Kalai a lot! Not because of the grade she has given me in ENL 101 but her ways of teaching are so relaxing and amusing! And one thing, Essential of Public Speaking is not a subject for you to shit your pants off and whatnot, rather it teaches you how to overcome all of them. Judging from that, I hope it is better than ENL 101, too dry.

Calculus II was kinda blur, I wish I don't see Ms Shanta again * scoffs*. I don't know whose problem is it anyways but most likely I'm not gonna blame myself completely for it. No doubt she is good and amiable but she seems to find excitements and satisfactions by giving us hard times like challenge us with all sorts of algebraic/non-algebraic equations that full of radicals, the more complicated they are, the louder she can laugh! Alright I mocked up the latter. I'm paranoic.

Oh yea, about the post title, is it true that our national anthem really derived or worse, plagiarized from other songs in the past. I've heard a lot of versions. First was in Bahasa Indonesia version, then later chanced upon Cantonese version sang by Li Si Kei in one of the stage show on Wah Lai Toi, then now the aloha mahaloha~ Hawaiian English version came out from nowhere...or it could be the composer of Negaraku was too brilliant and he decided to sell the copyright all around to earn more, boosting popularity? Beats me but I kinda feel mortified, if it's ever true that our national anthem is a product of plagiarism itself. Where should all fellow Malaysians put their pride at in that case when their national anthem was being sung as pop song in olden days, let alone making big hoo-haa over the parody version, Negarakuku. Maybe we should revise the older version of Negaraku and thank Ng Chee Ming for that newly remixed one.

PS : If there's a chance of voting off the current national anthem and replace with another. Can I suggest "Together We Are One" by Delta Goodrem. lol. The melody flowing is so spirited and spunky that it makes me stand up and sing along imagining there is a huge crowd before me beyond the stage...I raise my fist, pump it in the air and sing along with pride. Madness.