Saturday, September 01, 2007

high school memories

I had the sudden urge to dig out all my old photos to take a good review of the retrospect me sempena National Day. So while I was flipping through the dusty(yea,literally dusty) photo album. A stack of sticky photos slipped through the gap in between pages and fell on to the floor. I didn't bother much about it but when I squinted my eyes to catch more details(I didn't wear spec la!). I was galvanised! Man! Those were my early narsissictic remarks! I actually went on puri kura session all ALONE back when I was form 1! How......pathetic and lamentable hor! Where got ppl take puri kura alone one unless he is some Shibuya 109 girls maniac who lives in his own impeccant and off worldly limbo. Feel like covering up my face so bad...so many silly things I've done in the past. Again, taking puri kura ALONE........sounds so 70's. What the hell I was thinking at that time? *swoons*

Then came these set of photos that taken when a bunch of Japanese students came visit our inferior SMKAB! The 1st time was a boy school called Rise Isha School from Osaka, and I was one of the leaders and ambassadors to conduct a group of 5-6 jap boys for school tour. We practically having communication problems but I was trying to use my crude Japanese in order to errr...convey my piece of thoughts la! I learned most of my Jap. from song lyrics back then as I was a total J-pop addict when no one around me even bothered. Ayumi, Kuraki Mai, Utada, Misia, Speed, Chage and Aska, Southern All Stars, ELT, DAI, Hitomi, Takashi Sorimachi, Fukuyama Masaharu, Morning Musume, Minimoni, Tanpopo, Gomatto.....a lot la! And most of them are goner now, sad. Alright, digressed. So it was fun and I was all excited when I heard Japanese gonna visit our school, being so mountain monkey rite? Then came the 2nd visit of Japanese student when I was form 5, and this time was a co-ed school with cute girls and boys. Like those you seen in J-dorama came into reality, yes I know I was very mountain monkey. Haha....and hell their female teachers are like 松岛菜菜子,饭岛直子,松隆子...mature looking yet charismatic like news reader. As for male teachers, too decent and bumpkin looking haha! Not the typical hana yori dango look you've been expecting so far...fantasy immune one.

High school life was not too bad though, although SMKAB is not up to a premier school standard anyhow but it does embed some very nice memories in head from time to time. Camping organisings, event organisings, the tormented marchings and first aids, squash sessions, various duties and volunteering, hutan bandar, hari bendera, hari urusniaga, pet sisters and pet brothers, gang fights, competitions, bullies, insults, pontengs, kena demerit, stay-backs, conduct first aid teachings, performances...the goods and the bads and yada yada! Man, there were tonnes of involvements...which absolutely contrary to the me today.

Therefore.....

Hereby, for the first time in my life, I salute to SMK Aminuddin Baki and the national education system for given us such wonderful experience eventhough not in academic wise but still credit is where credit due! Happy 51st Merdeka Day to my lovely Malaysia! 50 years of nationhood does not come easily without unity and perpetual efforts!