Saturday, February 11, 2006

community service...

All the while I thought only matriculation based courses will get to undergo community service but I came to know that actually one of the project/assignment of the Moral Studies consists of a practical kind of task,the "Community Service-CS"!

For me,I joined a group of 6 persons including me,steph.,Isaac,Khim May,Lina and Juliana.For your information,we've chosen the task of "drug dispensary" out of so many other tasks like visiting orphanage/old folks home,visiting the aboroginis(orang asli)...etc!

I chose this tasks because I did quite a few visiting to those "homes" before ever since I was in secondary school through the Interact Club and St. John Ambulans.However,"drug dispensary" is a diff. kind of experience.From what I'd heard from our lecturer is that we have to go to some charity/volunteering kind of medical centre at Klang and then help out the med. centre there to do patience registration--->bring patients to doctor(the doctors are those volunteering doctors!!!samaritans leh!!!)--->and the best thing is that we can "prescribe" medicines to patients but of course we actually just dispense the medicines according what the doctor prescribed to the patients lah!!!(if we really prescribe I think the med. centre will 'chap lap' after our visiting,hehe!)

So overall,sounds not bad huh!It's like going to the tsunami blast affected spot to help up the victims there to rebuild their facilities and houses!It's far more meaningful than just go to those 'homes' to play wif children/folks and buy some foods for them then they'll back to normal after we left,it's only a temporary fun for them.

Omg,eventhough haven't go already overjoyed!I'm too much edi wei!!!haha!!!

But no doubt I'm very looking forward to it...I mean what I'd said...really!

I really admire those medical/health related professions not only doctors but nurses,biochemists(?!),biomed experts,nutritionist,psychiatrists,psychologists....and so on.They'll often being neglected and forgotton by the public cos they really help a lot in doing medical researching 'behind the scene' rather than the doctors only.DOCTORS are not the only one who get all the credits ok?

Aiks!I really wanna become medical/health professional(except for doctor)...

But there's shade in my heart and dread...

If you all look back to my previous few posts,should know it clear.

~Nothing granted,none go along as my wish...life?!~