Sunday, February 05, 2006

Song He's Night

My 2nd and 3rd aunt are leaving from Msia back to US today and as what I'd expected there were hugging and crying scenes.For me,I'm just holding back my tears cos I dun like to cry in front of people(but hey! tht doesn't means tht I like to cry behind k?)...It's so touching cos we won't know when will they be coming back or when will we going to visit them!Right after we depart from grandpa's hse,we headed to attend the event of 'Crane's Night' where it gathers some of the senior citizens in JB tht hit the age of 70 and above.Fyi,it's organize by Sin Chew Jit Poh(a Mandarin post) every year during the 7th day of CNY.

But I feel like it's only a place for the veterans to compete their 'seniority' where the oldest few will get prices.So funny huh?

Well, as usual my grandpa's which aged 100 y.o. had participated for about 6 conservative years but only managed to get the prices at 1 particular year during his 98.Now,he's officially 100 but beaten down by some 101y.o. folks.Haha,I can see tht my grandpa was so desperate and annoyed as he's already 100y.o. but due to some decades ago's erroneous of the immigration officer which mis-wrote his birthdate a year later caused this long-run 'effect' on him...haha...if only my grandpa realise it earlier,he will be crowned today and steal all the limelight of other old fellows!Too bad luck is not on our side this year where the food were damn blardy awful and then we were away from the lucky draw this year(not even a small hamper)!!!So suay sial!

This year's CNY is very lag compare to last year where I can be able to play fire crackers,go to the Johor Old Temple to pray for blessing and 'Tai Sui',worked for CNY cookies confectionary company,many cousins were present and so many of gambling sessions....and so on(no college-bound was a big factor lah!)

Missed those good old days where all the kiddy us were having fun together...

It's nice to reminisce back all these...

However,we've grown up and those can only be kept as childhood memories.

As usual,the first dish was the same old yucky 'Yee Sang' again...

The above 70's old folks of JB taking group photo.The middle 4 are those tht reached 100 y.o and above!(actually my grandpa's IC is written tht he's 99 but in fact he's already 100,so when the ppl in charge asked him to sit the behind row he refused and determined to sit at the front row eventhough I'd clarified to him the inside-out(well,the organizer can't do anything to him though :P).So he juz rushed to the middle seat after I let go his hand.Then aftertht,he kept one grumbled about it and criticized the ppl in charge of the group photo taking session like non-stop,muahahaha!XD it's like damn funny man!)

PS:btw the performances tht presented this year were pretty sux as so to the foods too!U can't imagine the kind of food we'd eaten and performances tht we'd 'enjoyed' through out the event so far...it all went down to the drain!Thumbs down and shame on the organizer where they increased the price per banquet yet the services tht we get are deteriorating.Are they trying to cheat the money of our fellow old folks?Hope they can bring back the good quality tht they used to have next year cos if(touchwood)my grandpa still around next year,for sure he'll urge to participate the event again...dun let the olds dissappointed k?