Friday, June 23, 2006

Idolatrous gaga

So,Singapore national TV has activated my acupuncture point of laughing once again...give me a second...*cacchinate*...excuse me!

It's been a while since the first season of the SG Idol,and now I was hoping that this time they'll present more well-qualified contestants but then in fact,we got the inversion.What a laughable reality show to laugh at,it's even more amusng than watching "PCK private limited"(sorry Mr/Mrs Phua).Damn,now I think of it Malaysian Idol is way much more better than them,although Daniel Lee is a rare case but still his performance is slightly better than most of the male finalists that I noticed.

Generally,what we mean "Idol" usually as long as he/she got the talent to sing and perform.Regardless of the appearance,he/she is eligible to be a national idol.Look at Taylor Hicks(am I spelt tht correctly?),neither he has the look nor X-factors but he can sing fairly well.And so as Ruben Studdard(omg!) and Fantasia Barrino...

I bet Singaporean prefer eye-candies over talents.So now it seems like the finalists are predominated by the age group of 18-25(correct me if I'm wrong...).Or maybe bcos we misconstrued the definition of "Idol" all the while as what the American Idol usually infuse to the viewers indirectly.So eventually,we don't feel that look is the most important factor in order to become an "Idol"...and so,we should thank SG Idol for bringing us back to the right path of defining the word "IDOL".

However,with only pretty face is useless.He/she must can sing!I mean at least the standard of an average bubblegum pop artists.We don't expect for a second Kelly Clarkson,Whitney Houston,Stevie Wonder,Celine Dion,Clay Aiken...yada yada but at least something that can be able to enlighten us and give us the best hearing pleasure.For the SG Idol's case,I'm afraid they're NOT,absolutely NOT up to the standard yet!In fact the irony part is that they're having more judges than the normal "Idol" show(either 4 0r 5 I forgot...)over that bunch of talent-less finalist which only got the look,well,some don't even have!If I'm ever a Singaporean,I'll cover up my face and switch to other channel.Eventhough my cousin from the States is so amused(in a bad way) by the SG Idol when comparing to their native American Idol.We all can't help but to laugh at them non-stop-ly!

I shall point out their general shortcomings :

1.They prefer to play safe on a singing contest reality show.OMG.They'll rather choose power lung songs like "I Turn To You","Stuck","Kiss From A Rose","You're Still The One"...yada yada,but then just when u about to expect something equivalent to the American Idol's pitch standard,it turns out that they're singing in a relatively low pitch which needless to say must be the key alteration that most of the karaoke box will feature.They're only a bunch of "cheung K" or bathroom singing standard like us.Not to the diva or divo standard...

2.I missed the audition part but I can't deny that most of the contestants are no doubt giving me the pleasure of eye-candies.Girls are very pretty or not too ugly,guys are handsome or not too ugly as well(afterall beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,what else can I say?).Of cos they're all well dressed and stylo.Is that the 1st priority of choosing a candidate?I strongly doubt their yardstick of measurement.Good looking is good looking.When it comes to the ability to sing,it will be mutually exclusive from the former.

3.Most of the Singaporean supporters consisting high number of teenager.Well,I'll pretty much assume that "look" is the most important part in their eyes.Yea,SG's teenagers love Ah Beng vy much.It's all proved by the case of Sylvester Sim(the 1st runner up of SG Idol 1st season),he can't sing at all in fact but worst of all,he looks extremely Ah Beng.The way he dress and his hair and every inch of his look resembles the stereotypical Ah Beng!*Pukes*.Fortunately,he has a lot of "mui mui' fans that willing to splurge on the telephone bill to vote for him bearing the consequence of getting scolded by parents.They all sacrificed for nothing but a so called "Idol" in their heart that in fact got his debut album hardly released and after that he's no where to be seen anymore.Remember teenagers tend to be very forgetful and fond of newer things at this generation.

It's not that I detract the standard of SG Idol or being a megalomaniac on this very matter but I'm stating out the facts.In fact,SG TV channels are full of reality show and of cos they have inconformity of qualities.Where some are really creative but some are just purely fictitious and monotonous which really can't even trigger our adrenaline discharging rate...-_-

Anyway,those are silly and tedious.Afterall,their winning does not ensure us with any secured benefits.Just treat it as a free entertainment and all-day-hardworks-getaway.Dun be overly crazy...it's not necessary and uncivilized!

Nah,the source of laughter comes from here:

http://www.singaporeidol.com/

Be prepared and do not munch any food inside ur mouth while watching.There's high risk of splurting everything out...sit back and enjoy(I hope so...*giggles*)

PS:Jamie Cullum and Robbie William are coming to Singapore.Too bad I'm not that fortunate enough to attend any of their gigs!Damn!T^T

PPS:I'm not a critic and for sure I'm not a big fans of this "Idol" reality show.But one episode of SG Idol really inspired me a lot...I can't help but to point out the facts!Once again,I'm not a crazy fans of "Idol"!Damn you!