Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hokkien Jade Drama Coming to Life

Happy Mother's Day to Mummy, all my god mothers and grandmother.

Nothing much special for this year (or every year), I felt like buying the Gintell massage chair for it is buy one free one but too bad I realised my goodwill was dampened by my tight budget! Haha. So despite spending the whole night with my kkl until wee hours, I had to crawl out from the bed around 10 am the next day to send my dad to my grandfather's and headed to 大马 to hunt for some real nice carnations for mummy. I got a really cute one with teddy bear on it! Then rushed to Pelangi to buy detox tea recommended by frog. She said she lost some kgs after consuming it. The myth will be affirmed this week after it washed down my stomach. After settled everything at downtown, I had to go up to TC's Jusco to buy practical present for mummy (shan't disclose hehe). Went home, surprised mummy and that's all, I'm quite bad at this I know. Lol. Later on was the usual eating out and all which happens every year at this time.

Grandma was over at our place together with godparents. With her presence, there will always be dramatic play. This time was not an exception except it was a more serious life and death matter. Here it goes, grandma and godpa had some conflicts and my grandma spanged her head against the wall aka 撞墙 -_- like she did before. How Hokkien-soap-drama-ly dramatic right? She does this kinda thing very often, we all got it from her when we were kiddos (kneeled down before the altar, served tea to apologize...you name it). In any case, the worst part happened while my grandma attempting her head-bang-wall action, my godpa was totally blew out of the water upon seeing that in sight followed by paling in face, rapid heartbeat, panic...and all the pre-symptoms of heart attack which he didn't even know he has. Daddy sent him to Pandan hospital immediately and luckily he was alright after that. Kudos to that stupid hospital actually didn't really perform thorough check out on godpa due to equipment broke down -_-. Apparently, one button of the ECG machine was not functioning, and that was the best excuse they could give at the cost of life of an emergency patient? Yes, exactly, godpa was admitted to emergency department at first cos we thought it was very critical and emergency at that time. Well, I'm pretty sure everyone knows how far the efficiency of public hospital goes for we had no choice but to send him there because it is only less than 3 km away from my house which is the one next to Tebrau City in case you don't know. As well as the one with fungus breeding all over before the official opening ceremony that caused some hoo-haas around, excuse given by the then Semi Value was, "It happens in other countries". End of story. Life is cheap here, Semi Value should've retired 30 years ago to save all the disputes.

We suspect our grandma is not only suffering from senile but paranoic type of schizophrenia. Cos she had records of threatening for suicide, self mutilation and mental delusion. But she seems normal most of the time. Still, I think I need to suggest the folks to bring her for a serious psychotherapy session lest she will fire off another attempt to literally gek sei my godpa,if she's willing to go which I doubt she will cos she's very tik ki (stubborn).

Of late, folks like to tattle about life and death on dinner table (they've been living more than half a decade). Daddy was talking about sudden departure of his football mate back in those days, mummy was talking about the suicide of her client and the sudden departure of Uncle Steven and all those around us. We can't avoid things that we can't predict, can we? According to the same old cliche, live life to fullest each day, materialism can never be associated with happiness no matter how. So what if you got the whole world?



**********
They're sending clothings to Salvation Army. You wish.

Then she wanna contribute some golds for tropical cyclone's victims in Myanmar.

Eh, I think the detox tea doesn't work on you at all. Maybe you can try eating more "tupai"